- 73 delegates attended the European Society for Paediatric Urology Nurses meeting in Zurich.
- Of those who attended 48 completed the conference evaluation forms.
- This equates to a response rate of 66%.
- Presentations were scored on scale of 1-5 with 1 being excellent, 2 good, 3 average, 4 not so good and 5 poor.
The overall average score for all conference presentations was 2.12
Session 1 - Research
- Vietnamese mothers experiences of the potty training procedure with children from birth to 2 years of age
Overall Score = 2.04
- Development of bladder control in healthy children – does early potty training influence emptying ability?
Overall Score = 2.26
- The primary health care nurses opinion about potty training – a follow-up study
Overall score = 2.55
Overall for session 1- Research = 2.28
Session 2 - Incontinence and Nocturnal Enuresis
- I wish there was a magic pill that made everything work, but there isn’t.
Swedish Parents experiences of enuresis.
Overall score = 2.17
- Quality of life self-esteem in children with urine incontinence.
Overall score = 2.3
- Incontinence in children with cerebral palsy.
Overall score = 2.25
- Telephone follow-up after hypospadias surgery.
Overall score = 1.9
- Development of an evidence based guideline; clean intermittent self-catheterization in children.
Overall score = 2.3
Overall results session 2 Incontinence and nocturnal enuresis = 2.15
Guest lectures :
- Gynaecologist view of paediatric and adolescent urology
Overall score = 1.23
- Discussing sexual and relationship health with young people within an acute children hospital
Overall score = 1.64
- Refractory wetting
Overall score = 1.98
- Case Presentation
Overall score = 1.87
Overall for session guest lectures = 1.68
Session 3: Dysfunctional voiding
- The effect of parental education on dysfunctional voiding symptoms in children with dysfunctional elimination syndrome.
Overall score = 2.86
- Young people’s evaluation of a nurse led bladder service : patient reported outcomes.
Overall score = 2.32
- The effects of urotherapy on clinical findings and uroflowmetry results in children with dysfunctional voiding.
Overall score = 3.42
- Role of biofeedback for lower urinary tract symptoms and dysfunctional voiding in children.
Overall score = 2.23
Overall for session 3 Dysfunctional voiding = 2.7
- Principles of management of bladder reconstructive surgery
Overall score = 1.3
- Pre and post operative care
Overall score = 1.75
Overall for session Guest lectures = 1.52
Session 4 : Clinical practice
- Clean intermittent catheterization – you can do it! An evaluation report of 54 children and their parents who participated in cic group trainings.
Overall score = 1.8
- Prophylaxis of urinary tract infection in children with intermittent catheterization – a literature review results in a guideline.
Overall score = 1.5
- Sexual education in paediatric urology ,who cares ?
Overall score = 2.21
- Online parent/patient network- how does it benefit families and hospital staff?
Overall score =1.55
Overall for session 4 Clinical Practice =1.78
- There were several comments that it was the best ESPU–N in years.
- 2 comments that they enjoyed the clinical practice session, they loved the guest speakers.
- Good presentations, lot of questions.
- 1 comment suggests it would be helpful if people were willing to put their leaflets on the ESPU-N homepage.
- 1 comment about the language course that it is a good opportunity the meet other colleagues but the format isn’t ideal. A workshop in small groups maybe better, perhaps talking about their jobs.
- 1 comment that the translation was very good.
- 1 comment asked for more open discussion.
The best i.e. lowest scores are for the guest lecture sessions with the surgical session scoring 1-52, and the gynaecology session 1.68. Both scores were very close to excellent and better than good.
Of the abstract presentations, the clinical practice session scored the best with 1.78 followed by the Incontinence and nocturnal enuresis with 2.15 and then Research, 2.28, then lastly the dysfunctional voiding session 2.7.
Scores for all sessions were between 1 excellent and 3 average.
Overall scores for all sessions